1.21.2013

Lenten Journey

As I'm preparing for Lent this year, I thought I should share some of the resources I created last year. Our theme was "Journeying with Jesus to the Cross". To better visualize the journey, I created this illustration so each family could keep track of their journey through the 40 days of Lent at home, along with some short readings for each day of the journey.

On Sundays, when all the kids came forward for the children's message, we would talk about where we were on the journey, and then a few of them would color in the squares from the past week. I think the kids especially enjoyed having something hands-on to do, and the visual of drawing closer to the cross and the resurrection was helpful.

If you click the image below, you should be able to download a legal-size version of the journey printout PDF for your own use at home or at church. Happy journeying!