1.07.2013

Psalms Mix CD for Confirmation Kids

Making mixes (once upon a time, on tape, now on CDs) has been one of my favorite things to do for people who are special to me. So, when my Confirmation class came to the Psalms in our curriculum last year, it seemed fitting to create a mix CD of music that is inspired by them. Of course, there are a million songs inspired by Israel's worship book, but I tried not to think too hard, and chose a variety of songs that I enjoy and hope my students will enjoy. I also included a few of their favorite songs (which have great Scripture references too!).

I've tried to provide links if possible to recordings of the songs (some of them are pretty random, but you can at least hear the song!). Enjoy, and feel free to adapt/borrow/steal for your ministry.


1. “Come Let Us Worship and Bow Down” – Fernando Ortega (Psalm 95)
2. “Let Everything That Has Breath” – Matt Redman (Psalm 150)
3. “How Good and Pleasant” – Sound of the New Breed (Psalm 133)
4. “Beautiful Things” – Gungor (Isaiah 2:4 and Revelation 21:4-5) * Student Pick
5. “How Majestic” – Jadon Lavik (Psalm 8)
6. “Rivers of Babylon” – The Melodians (Psalm 137)
7. “107” – Josh Garrels (Psalm 107)
8. “Psalm 126 (You Have Done Great Things)” – Charlie Hall (Psalm 126)
9. “I Lift My Eyes Up” – Vineyard Worship (Psalm 121)
10. “Your Love Is Deep” – Jami Smith (Eph. 3:17-18 & Rom. 8:38-39) * Student Pick
11. “Psalm 131” – Waterdeep (Psalm 133)
12. “Give Us Clean Hands” – Kutless (Psalm 24)
13. “40” – U2 (Psalm 40)
14. “Out of the Depths” – City Hymns (Psalm 130)
15. “Forever” – Chris Tomlin (Psalm 89)
16. “Oh Give Thanks (Psalm 136)” – Fred Hammond & Radical for Christ (Psalm 136)
17. “On Eagle’s Wings” – Justin Barnard & Shane Barnard (Psalm 19) * Student Pick